Sunday, May 3, 2009

Over due update

My goodness it's been well over a month since my last blog. Let's just say I've been a tad bit busy. Since my last post:

Last month, I attended a lunch meeting of the Flushing Rotary Club. This is the local club that is sponsoring me for the GSE trip. I met Tony Civitano, President of the Flushing Club, along with several of other Rotarians, including Fior Rodriguez-Langumas. My first meeting served to offer insights on how Rotary functions on a local club level.


Tony Civitano, President of Flushing Rotary

More recently, I attended a welcome meeting for the incoming GSE team at the South Nassau Hospital in Oceanside.

Tomorrow, I will get to spend the better part of the day with the German team. The Rockaway Club is currently hosting the team and is taking them to the Statue of Liberty. Though I can see the Statue from Brooklyn on most days, I have not been visited in decades. Decades! Sounds weird.

Earlier today was the last official prep meeting before the team leaves for Germany. The rain and the 5 boro bike race reeked havoc on high ways and travel plans. Alas, Heidi and the Governor arrived and helped to polish the script of my presentation. There is still some revising to do. The team plans to tie up loose ends to tie up at the District conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment